JOBS IN OUR VENUE
Islington Assembly Hall are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Islington Assembly Hall are looking for dynamic, experienced bar staff with an interest in live music and events to work at one of the country’s premier 890 capacity venues.
You will be joining our bars team at one of London’s finest venues owned and operated by Islington Council. You will enjoy assisting with setting up and working at our varied events. We have 150 live music events per year as well as corporate events & weddings. Some experience working within a live music venue would be beneficial. There may also be opportunities to work as part of our box office and cloakroom team.
• Have excellent customer service skills
• Have experience in a similar role
• Have an interest in music and events
• Have a hands-on, proactive attitude
• Thrive working in a fast moving environment
• Be looking for sessional evening work and be available March-June and Sept-Dec
• Pay a minimum of London Living wage (currently £10.20 p/h)
• Be busy in March, April, May, June, Oct, Nov, Dec. You will be available for approx 10-20 six hour shifts per month
• usually open between 7-11pm for gigs; the usual work pattern is 6pm-12midnight
• Be quiet in Jan, Feb, July and August where there will be approximately 3-10 six hour shifts per month
• Pay wages monthly
If this sounds like it’s for you, please read the notes below before filling in the application form…Prepare yourself, the application form is quite detailed and references will be checked!
The post holder will be required to work late nights, weekend and early mornings.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Bobby Kane, Events and Bars Manager on 020 7527 3353
Islington Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that the council only accepts on-line applications, no CVs or alternative forms of applications are accepted. If you are unable to use the online process, please contact the Recruitment team on 020 7527 2155 or e-mail email@example.com
Here’s what to do!
1. Read points 2-5 before you do anything!
2. Download application form HERE.
3. Fill out all necessary parts of the application form. If the section is not applicable to you e.g. membership of professional bodies, write N/A…. You will not be judged for putting N/A in sections that do not apply for you!
4. Most importantly make sure you fill in the references section! If you are successful, your references will be contacted so give them a heads up, let them know we will be contacting them. (Your references are vital; no reference – no job – this can really delay your starting time so we can’t stress enough that you need to make sure they are good to go!)
5. Submit your application form online.
What happens next…
If your application is successful, you will be notified via email and invited for an interview at the Islington Assembly Hall. This normally happens a week or so after the application stage closes.
Preparing for interview…
You will be given a time slot for your interview and if you are successful, you will be told there and then!
You will be expected to attend a document ID check straight after the interview where you will be required to complete some pre-employment forms e.g. Bank details, Next-of-Kin, Occupational Health form etc. as well as providing ID. After the interview you will be directed to the HR department to complete all the necessary checks.
Things to bring to your interview…
If you’re anything like us, you’ll be optimistic and thinking you’re going to get the job! You will need to make sure you bring all of the ID listed on the link below on the day of the interview.
No ID? All of your hard work at the interview is out of the window. In fact, we may not even interview you if you turn up without your ID! The ID needed varies depending on where you are from so click here, check the list carefully and make sure you bring the relevant ID.
Starting work with us…
You will not be able to start work until all references have been returned and checked.
We will normally contact the referees the week after the interview, so make sure that your referees are prepared and expect to hear from us. This is very important as it will speed up the whole process. Once referees are contacted, they will need to reply to us within five working days.
All done? Our HR team will be in touch with a start date. We look forward to working with you!
Our aim is to go from interview to start date within 14 days, depending on response from your referees.