JOBS IN OUR VENUE
Sessional Staff – Bars
Salary: £11.05 per hour
Closing date for applications: 15/08/2022 23:59
Islington Assembly Hall is looking for dynamic, experienced bar staff with an interest in live music and events to work at one of the country’s premier venues.
If you have excellent customer service skills as well as a driven, hands-on and proactive attitude while working in a fast moving environment then this could be a great opportunity for you.
You will be joining our bars team at one of London’s finest venues owned and operated by Islington Council. You will have experience working behind a bar and have an interest in music and events. You will enjoy assisting with setting up and working at our varied events which range from live music to weddings and corporate. Some experience working within a live music venue would be beneficial.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Bobby Kane, Events and Bars Manager on 020 7527 3353
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have experience in a similar role
- Have an interest in music and events
- Have a hands-on, proactive attitude
- Thrive working in a fast moving environment
- Be looking for sessional evening work and be available March-June and Sept-Dec
- Pay a minimum of London Living wage (currently £11.05 p/h)
- Be busy in March, April, May, June, Oct, Nov, Dec where there. You will be available for approx 10-20 six-hour shifts per month
- Usually open between 7-11pm for gigs; the usual work pattern for bars is 6pm-12midnight and box office is 5pm-10pm
- Be quiet in Jan, Feb, July and August where there will be approximately 3-10 six-hour shifts per month
- Pay wages monthly, first wage will be received in your second month of work
The post holder will be required to work late nights, weekend and early mornings.
If you are successful in being appointed to the role of Sessional Bar Staff following your interview, you will be expected to attend a document ID check straight afterwards, where you will be required to complete some pre-employment forms for e.g. Bank details, Next-of-Kin, OH form etc. as well as providing ID. Please follow this link to see what proof is required.
Closing date: Monday 15th August 2022 at 23:59
Interview date: W/c 22nd August 2022
Please note, we are not currently looking to hire box office staff at this time.
To see a full job description, as well as more information on how to apply, please head to Islington Council’s jobs page.
Please follow us on LinkedIn to be the first to hear about any new job openings or check this page regularly for updates.