Customer Terms & Conditions
By purchasing a ticket to an event at Islington Assembly Hall (IAH), customers (henceforth referred to as ticket holders) are agreeing to the conditions below. If Islington Assembly Hall believe a ticket holder is not adhering to these conditions, they may be refused entry or ejected from the venue and will not be eligible for a refund.
By purchasing this/these tickets, the lead booker agrees on behalf of their party that all ticket holders within their party will adhere to Islington Assembly Hall’s Covid-19 prevention measures as laid out in these terms and conditions and any other additional measures required on the day of the event.
- All persons that will share a pod in the lead booker’s party are from the same household and can provide evidence of this if required on the day. It is understood that, if evidence cannot be provided, the party may be denied entry to the venue and will not be eligible for a refund.
- If any ticket holder experiences Covid symptoms up to 14 days prior to the event, has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or has been asked to self-isolate by the NHS, the affected person will not attend the event.
- If any ticket holder experiences Covid symptoms up to 14 days after the event, they will contact the venue to begin test and trace procedures.
- By purchasing the ticket(s) for an event at IAH, all ticket holders are agreeing that their details can be stored for up to 21 days in accordance with the Government’s test and trace requirements.
- All ticket holders will arrive at their allocated time as detailed on their ticket and understand that if they do not, they may be asked to leave the queue and return at a different time and may miss some of the performance. The ticket holder(s) will not be eligible for a refund or partial refund should this happen.
- All ticket holders will have their temperatures checked by an IAH representative and if any ticket holder within the party has a temperature that is over 37.8 degrees Celsius, the party will be refused entry to the venue and will issued with a streaming ticket instead.
- On arrival, all ticket holders will check-in using the NHS Covid-19 app (or, failing that, a paper version provided by an IAH representative) and show proof of this to an IAH representative upon request.
- All ticket holders understand that bag searches and random body searches are taking place for the safety of the event and, if required, will follow instructions from an IAH representative to make sure these can be carried out safely. By refusing to cooperate with these requirements, entry to the venue may be denied and ticket holders will not be eligible for a refund.
- All ticket holders will wear a face covering at all times, apart from when drinking. The face covering will cover both mouth and nose. If any ticket holders are exempt from wearing a face covering, they will download the Government exemption badge to show to IAH representative.
- All ticket holders will remove their face coverings as instructed by an IAH representative when entering in the venue for the purpose of CCTV.
- All ticket holders will follow the one-way systems within the venue.
- All ticket holders agree to keep a minimum of 1m distance from those that are not in their household; to be especially patient when moving around the venue, letting others that are less able, go before them.
- All ticket holders will only bring bags that are A4 size (210mm x 297mm) or smaller and understand that IAH cannot accommodate any bags larger than this. Ticket holders with larger bags may be refused entry and will not qualify for a refund.
- Ticket holders will not move any furniture in the venue.
- When exiting the venue, ticket holders understand that this will take longer than usual and will wait for instructions from IAH staff to be able to comply with physical distancing measures.